Canon EOS 40D Body (Infrared)
Please note this camera has been modified to take Infrared photos ONLY. The low-pass filter has been replaced with a 720nm infrared filter. Also, not all lenses are recommended for infrared photography as some of them will produce "hot spots". Some of the recommended lenses are:
- Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
- Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM
That list is not complete by any means, but it shows some of the most popular lenses used for IR. If you have a specific lens you want to use it's a good idea to run a search before getting this camera to make sure you will not have any issues.
Note: Camera bodies do not include a lens or memory card. Shipment will include the camera body, 1 battery and charger.
- Resolution: Effective: 10.5MP, Recorded: 10.1MP
- Sensor: 22.2 x 14.8mm CMOS
- Crop Factor: 1.6
- Infrared Filter: 720nm